Friday 1 July 2011

Oh Canada!






John fifteen thirteen
“Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”

It is fitting that I share my heart cry on Canada Day. Those who know me appreciate the deep wail cry that God has put on my heart for our Canadian soldiers and their families.

A few years ago, God changed my heart through the lens of a camera while photographing a military parade. Moved to tears, I witnessed a young cadet talking to an elderly veteran. These two unknown heroes captured on film that day have forever changed my heart. In that instant, as I clicked the shutter, I realized how much I took peace for granted and how I took our Canadian Soldier for granted.

I cry out to God for these Canadian men and women who so courageously keep my homeland safe for my family. 

My prayer is for healing for our heroes whose heart has been affected by the silent wounds of war. Please join me today in prayer for those who serve.

To all are Canadian soldiers; thank you for your service; thank you for your courage. I confess that I took you for granted. Thank you for your heart for Canada and for laying down your life for me, for my family and for all Canadians. 

Lest we forget.
Thank you Soldier
By Anna Twohey-age nine
Thank you soldiers for saving our land
We stand in peace hand in hand
We pray for you from the bottom of our hearts
Hope you stay safe, finish to start.

2 comments:

  1. On this Canada Day, I am so grateful to the men and women of faith who left their homelands for a land in which they could worship freely and work together to build a strong and free Canada.

    Lest we forget the values, principles and ethics that gave Canada its rich heritage and foundation upon which to base our lives, I urge families and volunteers to assist in the recording of the insights, wisdom and reflections of the seniors in our society.

    While I realize that the legacy of ethics may be more or less valuable with individuals, whatever strength can be derived from the wisdom of our elders will have great value for the generations to come.

    To assist in the recording of life legacies, I designed ethical will workbooks. To find out more, please visit http://www.bydesignmedia.ca/store/

    Diane Roblin-Lee
    www.bydesignmedia.ca
    www.legacybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are doing this Jane. Follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete