Monday 18 July 2011

The Psalm of Poetry

“And in the hidden part, you will make me know wisdom.”
psalm fifty one six

Heartsong poetry touches the hidden place buried deep within us. Over the next few weeks, poets will offer a cry that only the heart can defend to the mind. As with David’s ancient cry, God’s wisdom is released to those daring enough to receive the psalmist’s offering. May the cry of the poet, heal the ache of our great nation.


Steadied by the hand of God, Alice Marlene Reback pens the cry of her heart with holy purity. God uncorks her bottled up pain and releases a healing fizz that balms the soul.


From Tragedy to Triumph
   by Alice Marlene Reback

How is it possible for me to explain?
My tragic life so bound by pain.

Each day I wake up raring to go.
Driven by pain, refusing to go slow.

A perfect mask was achievement and success.
But deep down inside, everything was a mess.

The greater the pain, the more I’d suppress.
Fearful that one day, the pain I’d have to address.

Exhausted and broken, that day finally came.
The years of pain I could no longer contain.

The tears poured like never ending rain.

Vulnerable and frail, my strength was gone.
What was left for me to depend upon?

Thoughts were racing through my mind.
How could I have been so blind?

Thinking I could hide it all.
Never expecting that I would fall.

To my pain I’ve come face to face.
No matter what I do, it’s happened and that I can’t erase.

One day at a time, I will try
and on God I will rely.

Yesterday’s pain I’ve left behind.
My life’s a journey and serves to remind.
Victory and blessing await the courageous and kind.

About Alice Marlene Reback
Marlene has a deep compassion for those in pain and writes poetry after much time in prayer. Marlene’s love and faith in God remains strong for she believes that God is good all the time. Her book of poetry entitled from Tragedy to Triumph is available through Guardian Books at http://www.essencebookstore.com/.

You number my wanderings; Put my tears into your bottle; Are they not in your book? When I cry out to you, then my enemies will turn back; this I know because God is for me…
psalm fifty six eight nine

No comments:

Post a Comment